CJSA Concussion Guidelines
The CJSA Board recently adopted the US Youth Soccer Concussion Policy (adapted as necessary to CJSA). The implementation of this new policy will require the participation of all BJSA coaches and assistants. As a valued member of our soccer club, your contributions to the community and safe keeping of our young athletes are much appreciated. With that said, we want to make sure that you have a better understanding of this topic and new policy.
To ensure that our club continues to be a local leader in youth soccer, we are requesting that each BJSA coach do the following each season:
1. Review the attached CJSA Concussion Procedure & Protocol Document
2. Review the attached CJSA Concussion Notification Form
3. Share with your parents the CJSA Heads Up Concussion Fact Sheet For Parents
Team representatives are encouraged to print and retain copies of these materials at all club recognized events (practices, games, scrimmages, etc)
Additionally, we ask that all of our coaches take the time to refresh your knowledge on this topic by completing the CDC online course:
This course will help you:
– Understand a concussion and the potential consequences of this injury
– Recognize concussion signs and symptoms and how to respond
– Learn about steps for returning to activity (play and school) after a concussion
– Focus on prevention and preparedness to help keep athletes safe season-to-season.
We can all help athletes stay active and healthy by knowing the facts about concussions and when it is safe for athletes to return to play.
The purpose of this Concussion Awareness page is to help educate coaches, players, and parents about concussions. BJSA does not provide medical advice. The information, including but not limited to text, graphics, images and other material on this page is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding concussion treatment.